Signs of ageing are likely to trouble almost every man or woman and it is not uncommon to consider rejuvenation options which can uplift the look of your skin. Dermal fillers are one such trending option for those who wish to reduce the impact of wrinkles and enhance the volume of varying facial features.
The treatment acts upon the elasticity and strength of the skin, enhancing its volume, texture and the appearance of various facial features. There are different types of dermal fillers available today, though the market is dominated by a demand for hyaluronic acid fillers in most of the areas.
Among many countries where Dermal filler injections are administered, India is one of the most promising locations for the treatment. It is a viable opportunity for you to plan your medical tourism to the country.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- What is Dermal Fillers Treatment?
- How to Prepare your Medical trip to India for Dermal Fillers Treatment?
- Pre and Post Treatment care
- What to expect while considering Dermal fillers Treatment in India?
- Cost of Dermal Fillers Treatment in India
- Why Should you Prefer India for Dermal Fillers Treatment?
1. What is Dermal Fillers Treatment?
A dermal filler treatment seeks to uplift the face by adding volume to facial features which have begun to appear uneven, such as fine lines and wrinkles. It includes injecting a gel like substance around the facial contours which helps to reshape the face in the process.
Professional dermal fillers offer a great option, to people who wish to reverse signs of ageing on their skin. Moreover, there are several types of dermal fillers which offer different benefits to the skin.
- Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers: Found in many parts of the skin, it helps to keep the skin hydrated and youthful. It is used to give the lips a plumped look and fill wrinkles.
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite dermal fillers: These are used to improve the contours of the face and in particular, perform a splendid job when it comes to nose augmentation, chin enhancement and contouring the jawline.
- Polylactic acid dermal fillers: These are most suitable for areas which require volume under the skin and need correction around sunken areas of the skin such as the temples. It also treats forehead wrinkles and tear troughs.
- Polyalkylimide dermal fillers: Most useful for areas around the chin, jawline, cheeks and facial folds.
Thus, depending on the type of dermal filler, it may be injected at different sites around the face to achieve the desired results.
2. How to Prepare your Medical trip to India for Dermal Fillers Treatment?
It is important to plan your visit ahead of time to ensure that you do not miss out on any formality which is required to ensure medical tourism to India for dermal fillers.
Before anything else, you are required to arrange and prepare a complete checklist of the documents which you will be needing for dermal fillers treatment in India. This includes your relevant medical records, authorisation documents from hospital in your destination of treatment, photographs, recommendations from your local hospitals and more.
To refine the process, you may even obtain consultation from your local doctor before flying to India for dermal fillers treatment. This may be necessary to start observing the necessary precautions which are required for the success of the treatment.
In any case, they may strictly recommend going off course with over the counter medications which cause thinning of blood, and various other supplements which may interfere with the procedure. Any hair removal via methods such as tweezing, waxing and bleaching and application of anti ageing products as retinoids and glycolic acid may be discouraged.
Further, consumption of alcohol must be restricted absolutely, at least 24 hours before the commencement of the treatment.
3. Pre and Post Treatment care
To ensure that your dermal filler treatment proceeds without any problem, it is necessary to ensure that you schedule your appointment well before time. Your doctor will be able to prescribe the necessary medicines and supplements during this time so that you can start consuming them at the right time.
Ensure that you apply only the prescribed products on your face during this time and avoid procedures like hair removal, tanning beds and activities like swimming and sunbathing.
During the procedure, the target area is thoroughly cleansed, and the filler is injected using a small needle, after administering a numbing solution to ease the discomfort associated with the procedure. The choice of dermal filler type will depend upon the target which you wish to achieve with the process.
Once the treatment is complete, your doctor will prescribe certain precautions and after care measures, which you should observe to ensure complete safety of your skin. Activities like swimming, gyms and sports might be restricted for a while, as will the freedom to step out in the sun and apply usual skincare products.
4. What to expect while considering Dermal fillers Treatment in India?
For every patient, the time to recover may vary. While you will be ready to pick up almost any activity straight away after the treatment, it will be wise not to engage in any high intensity activity for the first 24 to 48 hours. This gap will help your skin to heal completely and minimise the instances of side effects. For this reason, you will hardly need to spend time in the hospital post treatment.
The need for touch-ups will be strictly personal and if you feel the need for it, you can get it done after 1 to 2 weeks of the treatment, although a professional doctor may ask you to wait for at least 6 to 8 weeks before any touch up.
Recovery from the treatment will depend on the following factors:
- How well you care for your treated skin by avoiding sun exposure, swimming and tanning and use prescribed skincare products
- Whether or not you consume any supplements and medicines recommended by the doctor after the treatment.
- To what extent you face any side effects of the treatment such as bruising and swelling.
- The extent to which the treatment is given to you
- Your general state of health
In India you will get the best treatment and suggestions with highly skilled dermatologists.
5. Cost of Dermal Fillers Treatment in India
You can plan medical tourism to India for dermal fillers, which are offered at very cost effective and reasonable rates here. Here is a brief idea about the costs which you may incur to undergo different types of dermal fillers.
- Hyaluronic acid fillers: Typically ranges between $ 800 to $ 1600 and may go up to $2000
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite: Starts with $ 600 and may go up to $ 1500.
- Polylactic acid: This one is relatively expensive and begins at $ 900 and may go up to $ 1000.
There are various factors which affect the ultimate cost of the dermal filler injections in India. Some of the most crucial factors are listed below:
- The brand of filler used
- The type of dermal filler chosen
- Area of the body where the filler is being injected. While it will cost less to fill the area around the cheeks, the cost of filler required may be twice or thrice if injected on the neck.
- How severe is the condition of the target skin
- Experience of the doctor performing the treatment
- The location of the hospital where you are undergoing the treatment.
6. Why Should you Prefer India for Dermal Fillers Treatment?
India is a highly preferred destination for treatment related to dermal fillers. Here are a few reasons why most people prefer to get treated here:
- The latest brands and techniques are used to provide dermal fillers, improving their results
- Treatment at some of the finest hospitals in India, which are replete with every convenience and advanced infrastructure to administer the treatment
- A rejuvenating experience by availing treatment at the comfort of some of the finest hospitals in India
- Availability of internationally accredited dermatologists
- Reasonable of costs pertaining to treatment
- Complete consultation for pre-assessment and medical check-ups
- Provision to avail post-treatment care packages
- Availability of language translators who help to overcome any barrier which may arise during communication
- High quality of services along with personalised care
- Easy to avail medical visa by completing necessary documentation for your comfort
- Higher rates of success after completion of treatment
- Complete safety and precautions amid Covid scenario
- Adequate privacy and confidentiality
At MediNirvana, everything will be arranged for you without any hassle, so that you do not have to undergo the stress of medical tourism to India
At MediNirvana, you can avail a comprehensive package to visit India for medical tourism, if you wish to undergo dermal fillers treatment in the country. It is one of the most convenient and hassle free routes for you to ensure that your journey does not face any snags and you are able to reach out to an experienced professional for your treatment. You can expect to receive timely updates about your documentation and travel plans, along with details about the most feasible treatment centres in the country. Trust the service to keep your medical tourism absolutely free of any stress so that you can relish the experience of availing treatment in India.