Cancer is a very common occurrence and is caused when cells in the body start to mutate. It is caused in the cells that are regularly growing. In some cases, the cells can grow in an uncontrolled fashion which causes cancer.
Lymphs can be looked at as a primary way to help the cancer cells more to different parts of the body. Around 14% of Indian Women suffer from Breast Cancer and can be viewed as a disease that is on a rise. In India, the rate of survival is now increasing due to the increased awareness in women about breast cancer.
Table of Contents
- What are the Types and Stages of Breast Cancer?
- What are the kinds of Breast Cancer Treatments available in India?
- How to plan for the Breast Cancer Treatment In India?
- Checklist: Choosing a centre for Treatment
- What to expect during and after the surgery?
- Why do people choose India for Breast Cancer Treatment?
1. What are the Types and Stages Of Breast Cancer?
The types of breast cancer can be broadly classified into two main categories.
Given below are two types of breast cancers:
- Invasive: This type of cancer spreads to the outside ducts of the breast and reaches the neighboring tissues of a woman. Breast cancer that is referred to as Early Breast Cancer stays limited to the breasts and has not yet spread outside of the breasts of a woman.
- Non-invasive: This type of cancer stays within the milk ducts of the breast and does not spread further. This type of cancer is also referred to as pre-cancers.
Stages of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer can be divided into different stages and is usually based on how large the tumour is and the way it spreads throughout the body. Breast Cancer can vary from Stage 0 and can go upto stage 4.
- Stage 0: This stage is called DCIS. This stage makes sure that the cancer cells stay confined to the ducts present in the breast of a woman.
- Stage 1A: This stage of cancer has a 2 centimeters wide tumour and does not affect the lymph nodes.
- Stage 1B: This stage of cancer affects the lymph nodes with a tumour less than 2cm present in the breast.
- Stage 2A: The tumour, in this case, is smaller than 2 cm and activates around 1 to 3 nearby lymph. In some cases, the tumour gets a little bigger and does not affect the lymph nodes
- Stage 2B: The tumour size ranges from 2 to 5 cm and spreads to axillary lymph.
Stage 3B: The tumour now invades the chest wall and around 9 lymph nodes.
Stage 3C: Cancer spreads to 10 or more lymph nodes.
Stage 4: This stage creates breast cancer upto any size and spreads to almost all distant lymph nodes.
2. What are the kinds of Breast Cancer Treatments available in India?
Here are a few things that impact the breast cancer treatment that is followed by a patient:
- Type of Tumor: The type of tumor is an important factor that determines the treatment prescribed to the patient.
- Age: Age is another factor that plays a vital role in the kind of treatment recommended to the patients suffering from breast cancer
- Growth of tumour: Different types of cancers have a different rate of growth and that plays a vital role in the kind of treatment prescribed to the patient. Breast Cancer with a higher rate of growth ends up being more extensive in comparison to the type of breast cancer that has a low spread rate.
- Pregnancy: Being pregnant with Breast Cancer reduces the kind of treatment line that a patient is prescribed.
Surgical Options to get rid of Breast Cancer Treatment
There are different types of surgery that can be followed in order to get rid of the tumour.
- Lumpectomy: This type of surgery helps in getting rid of cancer altogether. It is the first treatment option for women who are in their early stage. The process of Lumpectomy is followed by radiation therapy that helps in bringing down the chances of cancer formation altogether.
- Mastectomy: This is a process where the breast tissue is removed. This happens when a person knows that they are going to develop breast cancer.
- Axillary Lymph Node Dissection: This process first requires a person to get the biopsy done on the lymph node. If the test shows any signs of cancer, then the process of removing the lymph is done.
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy: This process is the removal of the first two nodes of the tumour nodes. These nodes are then tested for cancer. This procedure is followed only if the person does not have a case of swollen lymph.
The average cost of treatment for Breast Cancer in a private facility in India ranges from Rs 5-8 lakh including surgery, investigation and radiotherapy. However, a cycle of treatment can range upto Rs 20 Lakh.
- Around 97% of women get lumpectomy plus radiation and are successful
- 94% of women achieve success by getting mastectomy
- 90% of women get successful by following mastectomy and radiation.
3. How to plan for the Breast Cancer Treatment In India?
Breast Cancer can be overwhelming for a woman. It is important for a woman to be mentally ready once she knows that she has cancer. A person needs to be physically and mentally sound before going ahead with breast cancer treatments.
At Medinirvana, we provide the list of the best medical facilities available for treating Breast Cancer. Here is a list of services provided at Medinirvana that makes it unique.
- Hospitals: Medinirvana has the list of the most credible hospitals holding good reputation for Breast Cancer treatment.
- Advanced Facilities: There is no stone unturned while providing the best of facilities for the patients and their line of treatment.
- Skilled Surgeons: Medinirvana is one step ahead when it comes to the top-class surgeons for performing the most crucial operation.
- Getting the blood test done
- Urine Test
4. Checklist: Choosing a centre for Treatment
Before going ahead and choosing the centre of Treatment for this medical condition, there are few things that a person should keep in mind. Things to check for in a Cancer Treatment Facility:
- Ratings: It is very important to know the rating and the success rate of the facility before commencing the treatment.
- Technology: The type of technology a facility uses determines how up to date they are while using the technology for their patient’s betterment.
- Expertise: It is important to get your treatment from facilities that have doctors who hold expertise in the fields of Breast Cancer Treatment.
- Precautions: Facilities with proper sanitation facilities along with social distancing should be another factor that plays an important role before finalizing the center of treatment.
Certification: Every Cancer facility has a verified certification which should give a fair idea to the patient about the level of expertise it holds in treating Breast Cancer.
5. What to expect during and after the surgery?
During Surgery: The experience of the surgery can vary depending on the type of surgery that a patient needs to go through. The surgery begins with a bunch of tests that are followed keeping in view all the COVID-19 precautions.
After the procedure:
- The patients are rushed to the recovery room where every small detail of the patient is monitored for a couple of days.
- The patients are given a checklist of how they should be taking care of themselves post surgery.
- The recovery time of the procedure varies from 6 to 13 months.
- The patient needs to get themselves tested on a regular basis which may initially be monthly and later done a few times a year. This is to ensure that everything is kept under the radar.
6. Why do people choose India for Breast Cancer Treatment?
Here is why India is a rising quality option to get breast cancer treatment done.
- India is loaded with experts who know that they are doing in the field of breast cancer and medicines. India comes with a history of vast education in breast cancer which makes it the best option for the patients to choose at the time of illness.
- The option of a Medical Visa in India and being able to easily acquire it through Incredible India is what makes it an attraction for breast cancer patients.
Breast Cancer treatment packages in India are much cheaper in comparison to countries.
The Journey of Breast Cancer starting from its diagnosis to its treatment is not easy to deal with.The entire process can be overwhelming. Following certain steps along with the best consultation is the best solution to pass this hard time while getting the best assistance at the same time. Breast cancer awareness should be increased which can help women all around the world in diagnosing it much sooner. The diagnosis of breast cancer at an early stage has a high chance of recovery and follows a course of less aggressive treatment.