Laser hair removal is the choice of treatment for those who do not wish to go through the pain of having their hair plucked out from their skin regularly. Getting rid of body hair is seen as a highly desirable goal by many men and women. Given that laser offers the hope for lasting, effective and reliable results, it is one of the leading hair removal methods sought by people today.
Most patients will begin to notice results after two sessions. However, it may take up to 12 sessions to complete the procedure. Almost 90% of people can observe nearly permanent hair reduction after the treatment. 
Today, most of the leading countries, such as the United States offer laser hair removal treatments. You can choose India as your destination for medical tourism since you will get the best treatment for hair removal at a much affordable price.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- What is Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
- How to Plan your Medical tour to India for Laser Hair Removal treatment?
- How is it done in India?
- Recovery and Maintenance
- Cost of Laser Hair Removal Treatment in India
- Why Should you Consider India for Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
1. What is Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
Laser hair removal is a procedure done to remove unwanted hair on the body using a concentrated beam of laser light to target and destroy them. During the procedure, a specialized laser machine emits a light, which targets the melanin pigment in the hair. Eventually, the light energy is converted into heat energy, which damages the hair follicles which is responsible for hair growth. As a result of this process, the growth of hair from such follicles is delayed or inhibited, giving you a hair-free skin.
Depending on the region where the laser hair removal procedure is being performed, it may take up to several sessions to complete the procedure and provide lasting results. Today, laser hair removal treatments have advanced to offer the service to all types of hair and skin, while conventionally, it used to be most suitable for those with dark hair and light skin.
2. How to Plan your Medical tour to India for Laser Hair Removal treatment?
Before you embark on your journey to India for medical tourism, it is highly recommended that you plan your visit ahead of time so that none of the special necessities for the treatment is left behind by you.
First and foremost, it is ideal for you to prepare a complete checklist of the documents which you will be needing for the laser hair removal treatment in India. This includes your relevant medical records, authorisation documents from hospitals across your destination of treatment, photographs, recommendations from your local hospitals and more.
You may take a quick consultation from a local doctor before planning medical tourism to India for laser hair removal treatment. They may be able to guide you about the precautions which you need to observe before the treatment.
In any case, you must take care to avoid the sun and getting tanned, which can lead to hyperpigmentation at the target region. Similarly, any form of hair removal other than shaving is highly discouraged. You must take care to shave off the hair at the target areas, at least 24 hours prior to the treatment to avoid unnecessary pain and discomfort.
3. How is it done in India?
Prior to laser hair removal, you will be given a set of instructions which you will need to follow for the success of the treatment. To ensure safety, you will be asked to avoid the sun, apply an SPF, and avoid tanning procedures. You will also need to inform your doctor about any medications which you may be consuming on a regular basis prior to the treatment.
To perform the procedure, you will be given a shield for your eyes and your hair growth will be trimmed. Generally, a cooling gel will be applied to the skin for protection. A low energy laser light will be used to target the hair follicles which disables the further growth. A patch test may be conducted prior to the treatment.
After the treatment is complete, you will be asked to avoid hot showers, steams, exposure to sun, swimming, shaving for a certain period, and apply sunscreen at the treated areas.
4. Recovery and Maintenance
Recovery from a laser hair removal treatment usually takes about 1 to 2 days without affecting your day to day activities. Ideally, you will not be required to spend any time at the hospital after the performance of the initial sessions for hair removal. Most laser hair removal treatments require a few sessions to complete the entire process. However, additional maintenance sessions can be availed subsequent to the procedure, if required.
There are several factors which affect how easily you will be able to recover after a laser hair removal surgery. Some of them are as follows:
- How well you heed to the advice given by your doctor
- How often you do or do not scratch the treated area
- Whether you allow your skin to heal properly, before choosing to apply products and makeup on it
- Whether you apply any harsh chemicals like glycolic acid on the treated area
- How successfully you avoid the sun and which sun protection products you apply.
- Your intake of diet and liquids which you consume during the day
- Whether you pick on the scabs which form over the treated area
You will need to allow your skin to heal properly by following the advice of your doctor, applying adequate skin protection products and consuming prescribed medicines after each session. Avoid sun exposure and activities like swimming, steaming and tanning to protect your skin.
In India, you will get the best treatment and suggestions with highly skilled dermatologists.
5. Cost of Laser Hair Removal Treatment in India
The cost of laser hair removal varies from one area of the body to another. The cost is prescribed based on a single session for hair removal. Here is a basic idea of the cost range for different parts of the body:
|Area||Minimum cost||Maximum cost|
|Arms (Upper + Lower)||INR7,000||INR14,500|
|Legs (Upper + Lower)||INR11,000||INR21,000|
|Back (Upper + Lower)||INR10,500||INR19,500|
This cost is bound to fluctuate due to the following factors:
- Larger the area of the treatment more would be the cost
- For every session, an additional cost will be incurred
- Darker skin requires more sittings in comparison to lighten skin tones
- Choice of laser equipment and technology
- The city in which you are undergoing the treatment
- Number of years of your doctor’s experience
In India, you will be able to get a cost-effective treatment for laser hair removal at several leading clinics.
6. Why Should You Consider India for Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
If you are planning to undertake medical tourism for laser hair removal, then India serves as an excellent option for your destination for several reasons, some of which are as follows:
- Doctors in India are following the latest trends and technology to deliver lasting results, such as Diode, Soprano ICE etc., making it viable for people who want lasting results
- Option to enrol yourself at some of the finest treatment centres in India, across various metropolitan cities
- Quality infrastructure and amicable hospitality to patients
- Availability of ample language translators to ensure a smooth transition of the procedure
- Affordability of the costs associated with the treatment
- Ease in availing medical Visa, which can be arranged by MediNirvana
- Higher success rates
- Specialised safety amid Covid scenario
At MediNirvana, every arrangement for your treatment will be made to ensure complete convenience to you.
Undergoing laser hair removal is a credible way to get rid of the hassle and pain of hair removal. With the advances in technology, it is possible to avail laser hair removal for every type and colour of hair as well as skin. With the promising opportunity available in India at reasonable costs, there is no reason why you should not benefit out of it. Choose MediNirvana as your vehicle for planning medical tourism to India and get personalised care when you undergo the treatment at some of the leading hospitals in the country.