According to research, 20% of adults struggle with at least one missing tooth; the problem is more prevalent in older adults. Missing teeth not just impacts the functional capacity of one’s oral cavity, it also affects one’s quality of life. However, the progressing field of dentistry has now introduced multiple restoration procedures, the All on 4 Dental Implants being one of the best.
If you are planning on getting the All on 4 dental implants in India, this article should answer all your questions and queries.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye
- All-on-4 Dental Implants in India: Checklist
- Before and After Treatment Care
- Success Rates of Dental Implants
- Alternatives for All-on-4 Dental Implants
- Cost of All-on-4 Dental Implants in India
- Why should you Consider India for All-on-4 Dental Implants?
1. All-on-4 Dental Implants in India: Checklist
All-on-4 dental implants are gaining gradual popularity across the world, especially because of their convenience and higher success rates. India has posed itself as a leading centre for the treatment, having highly qualified and experienced dental surgeons and the finest range of hospitals with all the cutting-edge technologies.
So, if you are planning a medical tour to India for undergoing this dental treatment, there are a few important factors the patient needs to take care of.
Make a checklist of required documents:
- Previous medical reports from your family dentist in your hometown
- Scanned copies of passport (patient and attendant)
- Scanned copy of a photograph
- Address proof of the patient
- Health Insurance (if any)
- e-Medical Visa
- Proof of the required funds for the treatment
- Recommendation letter from the hospital in India
Look into the General Health
Make sure that you have healthy well-being with strong immunity for faster healing and recovery. If you are taking an unhealthy diet including a lot of sugar and sticky foods, it is necessary that you switch to something healthier that improves oral health. Moreover, if you are experiencing complaints of gum infection, make sure that you get it treated and recover from it first before planning your trip to India for dental implant treatment.
Things to avoid
- Follow a balanced diet, skipping out on the sticky and sugary foods
- Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes
2. Before and After Treatment Care
The majority of the patients travelling to India for their All-on-4 dental implants must be struggling with their eating or speech because of missing teeth. So, it is extremely important for the patient to be aware of the procedures before they dive headfirst into the procedure. It is not just the actual surgery, the patient needs to take care of certain factors before and after the treatment too.
For your convenience, we have broken down the procedure right from the start till the end.
Before the procedure
- The first step to the treatment is to consult the dentist in India. Having a face to face consultation is essential to help the doctor come up with a customized dental plan for the patient.
- On the day of the consultation, the dentist will prescribe a few routine blood tests and do imaging to get a better picture of the oral cavity and to prepare the dental implants and crowns accordingly
- The doctor might suggest the patient avoid certain foods that could harm the gums or increase risks of infection in the gums
- Once the reports are here, the doctor might give a tentative date for the treatment as well
During the procedure
- On the day of the treatment, the patient needs to have someone to accompany them to and from the hospital.
- The procedure generally starts with sedation by the doctor. In most cases, local anaesthesia is used.
- Once done, the dental implants are inserted into the jawbones according to the treatment plan.
- Once the implants are in place and the patient is in the recovery phase, the dentist starts working on the replacement teeth in the meantime.
- The last part of the process is to let the patient recover from the anaesthesia after the treatment, following which the patient is discharged.
After the procedure
- Since All-on-4 is a one-time treatment, the recovery time is a lot less compared to the other dental implant procedures.
- The doctor stuffs the mouth of the patient with gauge packs to prevent any risks of pain and bleeding.
- After being discharged, the patient needs to avoid brushing with a rough toothbrush and use one with soft bristles.
- Avoid pushing or probing at the surgical site in the oral cavity to prevent risks of infection.
- The dentist generally prescribes antibiotics and pain medications for the faster recovery of the patient.
- A medicated mouthwash is also prescribed to prevent further risks of infection and to keep the mouth as clean as possible.
- Gentle compression with ice packs around your cheek area is also helpful in reducing the pain and inflammation.
3. Success Rates of Dental Implants
The majority of the patients undergoing dental implants procedure in India have experienced 90-95% success rates after the procedure, especially with the 10-years period following the surgery.
Generally, the success rate is also dependent on several additional factors too. Some of them include:
- Experience of the dental surgeon
- Techniques and equipment available in the hospital
- The healing process of the patient’s body
- Correct placement of the implants
- Rate of bio-integration of the implants into the jawbone
In India, you are assured of the absolute best dental implant treatment by skilled dentists and well-equipped leading hospitals in the country.
4. Alternatives for All-on-4 Dental Implants
When discussing the best alternatives for All-on-4 dental implants, there are two primary options – fixed bridges on implants and removable dental implant dentures.
Fixed Implant Bridges
The first alternative worth talking about is the Fixed Bridges on Implants. These make use of the dental implants that are already fixed into the jawbone on which the fixed replacement bridges are fitted.
These porcelain-based replacements are designed according to the shape and the requirements of the patient’s oral cavity to correct their bite and smile. Fixed bridges are an excellent way to preserve the original smile of the patient while strengthening the jawbone of the patient.
Removable Dental Implant Dentures
Unlike the actual dental implants which are fixed into the jawbone of the patients, the removable dental implant dentures are designed to be removed from time to time. Some of these dentures are implant-supported to ensure better comfort and fit for the patient.
Like standard dentures, even these ones can be removed for cleaning every night or whenever required. The removable dentures are designed according to the patient’s oral cavity and the placement of their teeth in the mouth. The dental surgeon customizes the set of dentures according to the patient’s requirements.
5. Cost of All-on-4 Dental Implants in India
The cost of all-on-4 dental implants in India generally revolves around USD 5000. But, generally, the cost is subjective and depends on the extent of the treatment and several other factors.
Some of the common factors influencing the cost include:
- The extent of the treatment
- Type of material used for the implant
- City where the treatment is being conducted
- Hospital charged
- Consultation and treatment charges of the endodontist
In India, you can get the absolute best treatment for affordable medical packages.
6. Why should you Consider India for All-on-4 Dental Implants?
If you are still questioning whether India is the best country for your all-on-4 dental implants, here are a few reasons why you should finalize the decision right this moment.
- Finest hospitals equipped with the latest cutting-edge technology
- Treatment is done by an Internationally Accredited Dentist
- Ease in communication and multi-linguistic interpreters
- Affordable medical packages
- Foreign exchange
- Ease in Medical Visa (we take care of everything for this)
- Strict Covid-19 guidelines and safety
- Patient confidentiality
- Higher success rate
At Medinirvana, we are here to help you plan your medical tour to India to get the best all-on-4 dental implants treatment without any hassle at all.
All-on-4 dental implants are one of the most popular dental restoration procedures across the globe. If you are planning to get the absolute best treatment at affordable costs, India is probably the best country for you. Make sure that you plan everything about your tour ahead of time with Medinirvana to experience a flawless treatment after you reach India.
1^ Before and After Treatment Care Cosmo Dent India | February 23, 2021
2^ Success Rates of Dental Implants NCBI | February 23, 2021
3^ Alternatives for All-on-4 Dental Implants StanleySmiles | February 23, 2021
4^ Cost of All-on-4 Dental Implants in India BrijDentalClinic | February 23, 2021