As per the reports of WHO, around two billion people worldwide are currently suffering from the issues of obesity. In some cases, the problem can be reversed through proper diet and exercise. However, if an underlying disease is causing the condition, then you would not be able to cope up with it through the common practices.
In this case, you will need to go through the liposuction procedure. It can help you to eliminate the buildups of fatty cells and get a leaner and fitter physique. So, if you are considering undergoing this particular treatment, then you can definitely opt for India, to say the least.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- Who is the Right Candidate for Liposuction Surgery?
- What are the reasons to choose Liposuction?
- Why Choose India for Liposuction Surgery?
- Your Ultimate Checklist for Liposuction in India
- Recovery timeline after Liposuction surgery in India
- What is the cost of Liposuction in India?
1. Who is the Right Candidate for Liposuction Surgery?
Before participating in the procedure, knowing about its eligibility criteria becomes pretty crucial for everyone. Here are some details in this aspect that might help out the interested individuals.
Eligibility Criteria for Liposuction
Here is everything that it might include:
- The patient has to be an adult (age of 18 or over).
- He or she needs to have decent general health, well-built muscles, proper fat distribution, and excellent skin quality.
- The individual will only be eligible for it if non-surgical management processes, such as exercising or dieting, have not worked upon him or her.
- He or she is currently suffering from lymphedema (fluid accumulation in tissues).
- The person needs to have localized fatty pockets of bodily tissues in some specific areas.
- He or she is a non-smoker and non-drinker.
- Gynecomastia (benign enlargement of the tissues of the breasts) patients, too, will be eligible for the procedure.
In essence, India is, indeed, the best place for the liposuction surgical procedure. However, the patient would still have to be wary about its risks and needs to set a pragmatic expectation. Consulting with an experienced doctor can be an excellent idea in this aspect as well.
However, if an individual is suffering from some specific health conditions, then it might be better for them to avoid them.
- Someone who has recently become obese due to poor diet and lifestyle
- Poor elasticity of the skin
- The patients of cellulite
- An individual who is over 50 years of old
- Chronic chain smokers and drinkers
- People with a medical history of infectious ailments or life-threatening diseases
2. What are the reasons to choose Liposuction?
Unlike other fat removal procedures, the liposuction procedure is pretty flexible and, thus, can be performed on almost all over the body. Here are some other reasons, which prompt most people to opt for this specific surgical procedure.
- It is one of the most efficient processes of eliminating excess fat from the body.
- It can help a person in reshaping their body and attain a better-looking physique.
- With it, the doctors can remove fats from specific areas, such as the abdomen, chest (Gynecomastia), thighs, calves, hips, buttocks, face, neck, etc.
- Liposuction can remove benign tumors and fatty deposits (lipomas).
- It might improve the overall skin laxity of an individual.
- The procedure can boost self-confidence about one’s appearance.
- It eradicates fatty pockets from abdominal areas.
3. Why Choose India for Liposuction Surgery?
In essence, the clinics in India generally perform over 1,17,000 of liposuction surgeries. Moreover, they have also maintained an excellent success rate over the last few years as well.
Due to this reason, many people are travelling to the country from other nations as well. Here are some advantages the patients can relish if they choose India as their ultimate destination.
- Skilled Surgeon: The cosmetic surgeons in India are highly skilled and experienced. Thus, they can ensure proper and perfect execution of the surgery while minimizing the risk factors of the same.
- Best Treatment: Due to overhaul in India’s cosmetic medical industry, almost each and every clinic is now using the up-to-date technologies to perform the surgery. Thus, there is no need to worry about failures at all.
- Up-to-the-mark Hospitality: The hospitality of Indian cosmetic surgery clinics is, in essence, top-notch. They do offer optimum comfort to their patients, both mentally and physically.
- Affordability: The price of liposuction surgery in India is pretty low compared to other countries.
Pre and Post-care Advices
Besides being almost like a friend, the Indian cosmetic surgeons also provide the patients with various suggestions, which, in turn, improve the overall recovery procedure. The following are a few of them.
- Stop drinking and smoking at least two to three weeks before
- Take proper medications
- Carry and wear loose clothes
- Consume standard doses of vitamins and minerals
- Use Colace (a type of stool softener) prior to the surgery
- Put on loose clothing
- Opt for a healthy vegetable-based and salt-free diet plan
- Keep the area where the surgery was performed clean
- Take short walks to prevent blood clots
- Use prescribed medications for postoperative pain
4. Your Ultimate Checklist for Liposuction in India
If you wish to undergo liposuction surgery in India, then you will have to keep some crucial papers with you. Here are a few things that you may have to jot down on your checklist.
- Travel documents (visa, passport, digital photograph, etc.)
- Papers of health insurance
- Medical tourism paperwork (for journeying purposes)
- Your credentials (such as an ID)
- Documents and prescriptions of previous medical conditions
- Know about different types of liposuction surgeries
- Ask about the availability of different health services in the clinic for your own convenience
- Learn about different payment procedures (online, offline, through credit cards, etc.)
- Enquire about incisions and its healing procedure
5. Recovery timeline after Liposuction surgery in India
Once the liposuction procedure is done, the doctor will ask the patient to stay at the hospital for one day. After the 24 hours of supervision, the individual can go home and his or her recovery timeline will begin. Here is what the person might experience during the period.
- The person may have to wear loose dresses or compression garments as a precaution. It will prevent swelling issues from occurring abruptly.
- The doctor may also ask the patient to avoid straining or pulling heavy objects all by themselves.
- After surgery, the individual might also need to take antibiotics to reduce the chances of infections.
The scars of the surgery will be minimal. So, they will lessen over time.
The patient might go back to his or her daily life if they are not feeling any pain or discomfort at all.
6. What is the cost of Liposuction in India?
The cost of liposuction surgery in India usually depends on the body part where it will be performed. However, in essence, the overall expense would be much more affordable than in other countries. In India, the price of liposuction surgery starts from 2,50,000 INR. However, sometimes, the overall price of the treatment might get affected due to some issues. Some of them are as follows.
- Body Parts: The cost of the surgery depends mostly on the body parts. For example, if the surgery is being performed in the arms, then the expenditure will be the least. However, in the case of the patient’s buttock or calf, the price might increase aggressively.
- Type of Surgery: There several types of liposuction surgery options available in India. Each of them is different from each other in terms of efficiency as well as cost.
- Usage of Technology: If a clinic uses an advanced form of surgical technique, then it will naturally ask for a substantial amount of charge.
- Experience of the Surgeon: Choosing an experienced surgeon for your purpose might be more expensive than a moderately-inexperienced doctor.
- The Extent of Surgery: Sometimes, the surgery can last for around an hour, while, in other cases, it might require more than five hours. The overall expense might increase due to this reason, as well.
The liposuction procedure, in essence, is not overly-complicated at all. However, sometimes, it does cause some adverse effects, which might affect an individual’s lifestyle. Thus, to avoid these issues, it will be better for you to talk to your doctor and ask him about the expectations thoroughly. Also, having a positive outlook towards everything might be beneficial for you in this aspect as well.