So you’re considering getting a Breast Augmentation? Many women often struggle with body image issues based on the size, shape, or fullness of their breasts. An increasing number of women undergo breast implant surgery to enhance, correct, or alter the size or shape of their breast.
The cosmetic surgical industry has been witnessing a huge rise in the last few years. Breast augmentation is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries to enhance the appearance of a woman’s breasts and boost their confidence. The surgery is mainly designed to address specific aesthetic concerns about the appearance of breasts and can be customized to suit each patient’s individual needs.
Breast augmentation surgery is an important decision and choosing the best breast surgeon for your journey is the most important part. Some of the popular medical tourism destinations include India, Brazil, Mexico, and Thailand. These countries offer treatment at extremely affordable costs with excellent natural-looking results.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- Who is the Right Candidate for Breast Augmentation?
- How to Prepare for Breast Augmentation?
- Recovery timeline after Breast Augmentation
- Why India is a popular choice for Breast Augmentation?
- Cost of Breast Augmentation in India
1. Who is the Right Candidate for Breast Augmentation?
Breast Augmentation, also known as breast implant surgery is a popular procedure among women who are concerned with the aesthetic appearance of their breasts. The surgery is aimed to improve the fullness and shape of the breasts and the result is beautiful, natural-looking breasts.
Breast augmentation offers a solution by defining your breasts and helping you to feel comfortable with your body.
It’s important that when you’re considering breast augmentation surgery you should discuss your queries, your medical history, and expectations with your surgeon.
- Breasts that have lost their youthful volume and adopted a deflated appearance,
- Naturally small breasts or droopy, saggy breasts as a part of the aging process or post-pregnancy effect
- Large and heavy breasts causing some serious discomfort and physical pain (Women with large breasts often feel self-conscious and are prone to musculoskeletal issues)
- Asymmetric breast where one of the breasts has a different size, volume, position from the other and/or with loose skin problem
Things to keep in mind while going for Breast Augmentation
- Surgery is ideally suitable for women between the ages of 19 – 50 when breasts are fully grown.
- Keep realist expectations: Your surgeon can discuss with you what is realistic in your individual case.
- Discuss your medical history and any infection or diseases with your surgeon before beginning the treatment.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol for minimizing complications and improving results.
- Reschedule or postpone your surgery if you are pregnant or breastfeeding,
- The surgery is considered safe. By following instructions given by your doctor you uou can minimize the risks.
In India, the best surgeons will assess if you are the right candidate and will expertly guide you with the selection of implants, and the right technique that will give you the desired results.
2. How to Prepare for Breast Augmentation?
Your cosmetic breast augmentation treatment will begin with a personal consultation with your specialist. He/she will explain the procedure to you, answer your queries, and discuss the risk factors as well.
In order to prepare yourself for the surgery here are a few things to remember:
- The surgery is an emotional decision and it’s important to prepare yourself mentally. Take time to think about all that you’ve learned and make a decision.
- Open and clear communication is the key. Discuss your expectations clearly with your surgeon and understand which technique is best suitable for you.
- Also, understand the risk factors associated with the procedure and limitations too.
- Follow the instructions given by your surgeon before, during, and after the surgery for minimizing risks and better results.
Pre and Postoperative care of Breast Augmentation in India
In India, the experienced healthcare professionals will explain to you precare and aftercare precautions for breast augmentation surgery.
The preoperative care involves:
- Few tests will be done including blood and urine tests, X-ray, and other routine tests.
- Discuss what medicines (even herbal) you are taking with your surgeon and avoid any blood-thinning medicine a few days before surgery
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption for at least 2 weeks before surgery.
The post-operative care involves:
- Take sufficient rest during the healing period and follow the instructions given by your doctor carefully.
- Follow a healthy diet plan with the right amount of nutrition and keep yourself hydrated.
- Avoid smoking, consumption of alcohol, caffeine and tobacco products, etc. for safe and faster recovery.
- Avoid vigorous exercises, heavy activity or lifting for at least 2 to 3 months.
- Wear compression garments throughout your healing period for a successful outcome.
In India, a team of experts will guide you at every step; answer your every query for enhancing your recovery comfort and for the best results.
3. Recovery timeline after Breast Augmentation
For most surgical procedures, doctors recommend taking at least one week off work or more if your job requires heavy physical activity.
After surgery, some patients experience mild discomfort or pain that can be managed by prescribed pain medications. Remember every patient is different and his/her experiences, recovery time also differs.
In the first week, you may feel some soreness of muscles around the operated area, with few common side effects such as bruising or swelling. To alleviate this, your doctor will suggest some simple home remedies and also provide you with medication.
Consult your Surgeon if you need more assistance during your initial recovery.
Week two to four
At this point, all the pain and swelling have subsided and you are back to your routine work. Your healing process is almost complete and you will feel more energetic by this time. Consult with your doctor about your recovery and ask if you can start light exercise.
Second and third month
By this time, your breasts are completely healed and are in good shape. Ask your surgeon if you want to resume vigorous exercise or more demanding tasks.
4. Why India is the popular choice for Breast Augmentation?
India is one of the best destinations for cosmetic (aesthetic) surgeries. A large number of patients visit the country every year to undergo breast augmentation surgeries for the best results.
Medical tourism in India is growing because of the following key factors:
High-quality treatment at affordable services- The country is known for world-class, accredited healthcare centres, skilled doctors, and trained staff. Breast augmentation surgery is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries in India. Many renowned hospitals are well furnished with advanced technology and doctors are proficient in the latest breast surgery techniques. Furthermore, the cost of treatment is very low compared to other countries.
Ease of communication- The centres have trained staff fluent in English and many hospitals also provide translators for ease of communication.
Ease of travel- The government of India facilitates the visa process for patients from other countries. They also offer E-visa for the ease of the process.
Excellent consultation- Indian doctors are considered to be among the best in the world for breast augmentation treatments. They offer detailed consultation for their patients where they will explain the procedure, guide you to choose the right kind of implants that will complement your natural body shape, and help achieve natural-looking results.
Patient’s privacy- The hospital provides privacy and confidentiality for patients undergoing any surgical treatment.
5. Cost of Breast Augmentation in India
This cost of the treatment includes:
Tests prescribed by your surgeon
- Surgeon’s fee inclusive of surgery cost, pre-operative care, and aftercare.
- Anesthetist’s fees
- Cost of implants
- Hospital charges, etc.
The cost mainly depends on the following factors:
- Type of surgery and duration depending upon the complexity of the procedure e.g. primary procedure, revision surgery, etc.
- Type of implants selected i.e. saline or silicone. It also depends on the brand, texture, and shape of implants
- Technique use
- Type of hospital and its reputation
- Fees of surgeon and team
- Duration of stay, etc
- Initial consultation fee
- Additional cost related to medications
- Cost of supporting garment
One more ref. Link for cost-
Deciding to undergo breast augmentation is an effective solution for most of your aesthetic concerns. An expert surgeon and high-end care can reduce the risk of any side effects and help you achieve the desired results. Promising outcomes at affordable prices in India is the reason why the country is the most attractive destination for medical tourism. The availability of the latest minimally invasive techniques, improved and highly durable implants, and the best breast augmentation surgeons are key reasons to choose the treatment centre in India.