Pregnancy is one of the most beautiful, yet taxing phases in a woman’s life that alters their body and appearance for the long run. While some women restore their pre-baby appearance on their own, others may need the aid of cosmetic procedures to attain that previous body before child-birth.
Mommy makeover includes a range of procedures that helps a woman get back the appearance of their body after their pregnancy. Some of the common body parts that are addressed in such treatments include the breasts, abdomen, hips, genitalia, buttocks, etc.
If you are planning on undergoing any of these restorative procedures, India is a leading country. Read more to know why.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye
- Who is an ideal candidate for Mommy Makeover?
- How to prepare yourself for a Mommy Makeover in India?
- What to expect during Mommy Makeover in India?
- Cost of Mommy Makeover in India
- Why Should You prefer India for Mommy Makeover?
1. Who is an ideal candidate for Mommy Makeover?
Every woman’s experience with their pregnancy is subjective. While some prefer their own body to do the work and regain the previous shape and appearance, there are women who have had a hard pregnancy that has taken a toll on their body and appearance.
If you are in the latter category and want to reverse these post-pregnancy complications on your body, undergoing the mommy makeover procedures is ideal for you. You are an ideal candidate for the treatment if:
- If your breasts have lost its firmness and have become extremely saggy because of breastfeeding.
- If you have a lot of stretch marks and cellulite deposition around your lower abdomen and hips due to weight gain during the pregnancy
- If you have a lot of saggy skin around the abdomen because of the post-pregnancy complications
- If you are tired of not being able to fit back into your clothes because of fat deposits around your thighs, hips and buttocks
2. How to prepare yourself for a Mommy Makeover in India?
If you have just given birth and you aren’t satisfied with the way you look after delivery, it is likely that you need the necessary procedures under the mommy makeover. Given that India is a leading country for cosmetic surgeries and procedures, we’d suggest you consult a good medical tourism company like Medinirvana to help you plan out your medical journey to India.
Some of the important preparations that you need to take care of include:
Make a checklist of the documents:
- Previous reports and hospital consultation with previous cosmetic surgeons
- Scanned copy of the passport (patient and attendant)
- Address proof of the patient
- Health insurance (if any)
- e-Medical visa
- Proof of the required funds for the treatment
- Recommendation letter from the hospital in India
- Scanned copy of a photograph of the patient
Look into your General Health
Although the cosmetic procedures under Mommy makeover are extremely safe and don’t impose permanent complications, it is extremely important that the patient takes care of their general health before undergoing the procedures in India to ensure the best success rate and satisfying results.
Things to Avoid
- Avoid smoking, intake of alcohol or drugs
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory drugs or herbal supplements that could enhance the risks of hematoma during the procedure
3. What to expect during Mommy Makeover in India?
Mommy makeover is an umbrella term that includes a number of procedures including:
- Breast augmentation
- Breast lift
- Tummy tuck
- Vaginal rejuvenation
- Buttock augmentation
A patient might get all of them done or undergo a few selected from the above list depending on how they want to improve the appearance of their body. If you are planning to undergo these procedures in India, there are a few important pre and post treatment instructions that you need to prepare for.
- The patient needs to undergo a thorough consultation with their cosmetic surgeon to discuss the customized treatment plan, depending on their expectations post-surgery
- Following the consultation, the surgeon will recommend a few pathological tests to ensure they are physically fit to undergo the treatment
- A healthy and balanced diet is also suggested to the patient to ensure an ideal preparation before the procedure
- If you undergo all the treatments under the full mommy makeover, the recovery time won’t be brief, especially because if it includes invasive procedures like tummy tuck, which requires at least 2-3 months of recovery time
- The patient also needs to limit straining their body, especially with heavy-lifting objects above 25 pounds
- The patient needs to take the prescribed anti-inflammatory, antibiotics and pain relievers to recover faster after the treatment
- If the patient has a small baby to take care of, they might need help with them to ensure that the same doesn’t hinder with the recovery procedure
All of these pre and post treatment care is dependent on the type of procedure the patient is undergoing. The recovery timeline will vary depending on whether they are getting a breast augmentation or a tummy tuck or both the procedures.
As mentioned, the recovery timeline is subjective to the kind of procedure the patient is undergoing. Following are the general recovery timelines of each procedure under mommy makeover:
- Breast augmentation – an average of six weeks
- Breast lift – 4-6 weeks
- Liposuction – 4 weeks
- Tummy tuck – 6 weeks approximately
- Vaginal rejuvenation – 4-6 weeks (maximum)
- Buttock augmentation – 4 weeks
Factors affecting the recovery
- Type of procedure the patient is undergoing
- General health before the surgery
- Skills of the cosmetic surgeon
- Healing ability of the patient’s body
In India, you are assured with the best treatment from leading cosmetic surgeons with all the latest medical technologies involved.
4. Cost of Mommy Makeover in India
Again, you need to realize that mommy makeover is not a single procedure but includes multiple treatment options. A patient can either undergo all of them or a selective few. The cost of the treatment varies depending on the treatment the patient is undergoing.
Some of the tentative cost of individual procedures under mommy makeover include:
Breast augmentation – starts from INR 1,00,000 to INR 1,30,000 including the implants and the surgery costs
Breast lift – ranges between Rs. 1,50,000 and Rs. 2,00,000
Liposuction – ranges between INR 20,000 to INR 5,00,000, depending on the amount of fat that needs to be removed
Tummy tuck – starts from INR 1,00,000 to INR 2,80,000
Vaginal rejuvenation – starts from INR 30,000 to INR 50,000
Buttock augmentation – starts from INR 2,25,000
Factors affecting the cost:
- City where the treatment is being done
- Hospital charges and consultation charges of the cosmetic surgeon
- Number of procedures involved
In India, you can get the best treatment at affordable costs with highly satisfying results.
5. Why Should You prefer India for Mommy Makeover?
If all the above information wasn’t enough to persuade you to choose India for the Mommy Makeover treatment, here are a few important pointers that you need to consider.
- Hospitals are equipped with the latest technologies and techniques
- Highly qualified and skilled cosmetic surgeons
- Customized packages according to the patient’s need
- Cost-effective treatment options
- Ease of communication with language interpreters
- Foreign exchange
- Ease in acquiring medical visa
- Proper guidelines and safety during Covid
- Higher success rate and satisfying results
With the state of the art facilities and the skilled professionals, India is a leading hub for undergoing mommy makeover with satisfying results. At Medinirvana, our aim is to make this medical journey a lot easier and seamless for you to ensure that you get the best treatment with the least complications. From taking care of your medical visa to arranging the hospital and doctor consultations, we take care of everything for you.
3^ Cost of Mommy Makeover in India Business Today | February 10, 2021