Rhinoplasty or a nose job has become relatively common in the population for changing the structure of the nose. The reasons for doing it may vary from solving breathing difficulties or repairing the nose after an accident to other cosmetic reasons. Whatever the situation might be, one common question that is frequently asked is “Do I need a Rhinoplasty?”.
That is something you and your rhinoplasty surgeon in India will collectively decide. To simplify the decision for you, here is a rhinoplasty quiz that you can take, answering some of the questions you might have regarding your personal situation.
It is essential to be sure of this decision because the reasons for Rhinoplasty are different for different people.
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye
- Do you need a Nose Job?
- Are you in good health?
- What do you need to know before Rhinoplasty?
- What are the benefits of Rhinoplasty?
- What should be your expectations after Rhinoplasty?
- How to speed up your Rhinoplasty Recovery Time?
- When do you need a revision of Rhinoplasty?
- How much does Rhinoplasty cost in India?
- Why do people prefer Nose jobs in India?
1. Do you need a Nose Job?
“Do you need a rhinoplasty?” is the first question you should be able to answer. You should be very clear about the reasons for which you want to have a nose job. Various reasons for Rhinoplasty include the following:
- To repair the nose after an injury
- To correct a birth defect like cleft palate and cleft lip
- Deviated septum
- Any nasal polyps or masses
- Nasal inflammation due to chronic allergies
- To correct breathing problems
- To alter the shape or size of the nose if somebody is dissatisfied with it, etc
If you have suffered an injury or have breathing difficulties because of some issue with the physical aspect of your nose, you should consult a surgeon. Your surgeon will examine you and your condition in-depth and decide whether a nose job is a suitable choice for you or not.
Suppose you do not suffer from any health conditions and only want to change your nose to look a certain way. In that case, you should be very clear about the whole procedure and what risks and benefits it involves. Consultation with a surgeon will help you make a better choice.
2. Are you in good health?
These criteria include:
- Your facial growth should have been complete when you decide to go for the surgery
- You should be a non-smoker.
- You should have overall good health.
- You should be aware of the procedure and should have realistic expectations from the surgery.
Some psychological reasons why patients choose to have Rhinoplasty include:
- Dissatisfaction with the shape of the nose.
- Dissatisfaction with the size or angle of the nose, etc.
Rhinoplasty has been shown to affect the psychological aspects of the patient in many positive ways. But this is true only when the patients have good mental health and do not have any unrealistic expectations from the procedure.
3. What do you need to know before Rhinoplasty?
Once you have decided to go for Rhinoplasty, there are certain things you need to know. You should choose only the best surgeon for your surgery because a nose job is one of the most challenging surgeries on the face. Getting a rhinoplasty done by unqualified or unskilled surgeons can lead to many dangerous complications.
Certain things you need to check before selecting your surgeon include:
- All the qualifications of the surgeon.
- The experience of the surgeon.
- Various reviews from patients who have had their surgery performed by that surgeon.
- Look at multiple photographs before and after the surgery of patients.
Even after selecting your surgeon, you should continue asking him/her your doubts. You must have excellent and open communication with your surgeon. Explain to him properly the exact shape and size of the nose that you desire.
You should have proper knowledge about all the following questions before you go for Rhinoplasty:
- What does the procedure entail?
- The various risks and complications that can occur during the surgery.
- What can be the expected results?
- What does the recovery process look like?
4. What are the benefits of Rhinoplasty?
Depending on the reason for Rhinoplasty, it can benefit the patient in multiple ways.
- Change the size of the nose
- Change the shape of the nostrils.
- Reduce the nasal tip and nose bridge
- Enhance the balance and proportions of other facial features
- Have a positive effect on your overall facial structure
- Correct problems associated with a deviated septum
- Improve breathing
- Improved quality of sleep
- Reduced sinus pressure
- Improved confidence
5. Should be your expectations after Rhinoplasty?
Almost any kind of change you want is possible through Rhinoplasty but having realistic expectations is very important for the procedure’s success. The structure and shape of the nose have to be in congruence with the rest of the facial features. So copying your favorite celebrity’s nose might not be the best idea for you.
If you have suffered an accident, your nose might not have the exact shape as the original one. These are some of the realistic expectations that you need to keep in mind while opting for Rhinoplasty. Your surgeon will discuss these with you in great detail.
Any surgical procedure, minor or major, has some risks and complications. The various complications that may occur in Rhinoplasty include the following:
- Bleeding during or after the procedure
- Complications of anesthesia
- Numbness or loss of sensation in and around your nose
- Difficulty breathing through your nose
- Persisting swelling
- Persisting pain or discoloration
- Visible scarring
- Septal perforation
- Possibility of an uneven nose which might require additional surgery, etc
6. How to speed up your Rhinoplasty Recovery Time?
Proper recovery after Rhinoplasty is crucial to get the desired results from it. Your surgeon will advise you on all the things you need to do to have a good and quick recovery. Apart from that, there are certain precautions you should take to speed up your rhinoplasty recovery time.
- Keep your head at a level higher than your chest to reduce swelling.
- Avoid strenuous activities like exercising or jogging for a few weeks after the surgery.
- Do not put extra pressure on your nose by blowing it.
- Bandages will be placed inside your nose for bleeding and discharge for about seven days. Avoid taking a shower during this time. Take a bath instead.
- Avoid smiling and laughing for a few weeks after the surgery. Frequent muscle movements can put extra pressure on the surgical site.
- Eat a diet rich in fiber-containing fruits and vegetables to prevent constipation. Constipation can also put stress on the surgical site.
- Avoid wearing pullovers. Wear buttoned shirts instead.
- Brush your teeth very gently to avoid movement of the upper lip.
- Do not wear specs or sunglasses for a few weeks to avoid putting pressure on the nose. You can tape the specs to your forehead or ears to prevent them from resting on your nose.
7. When do you need a revision of Rhinoplasty?
Revision rhinoplasty or secondary Rhinoplasty is done in the case of complications or unsatisfactory results. Some of the reasons you might want to consider a revision of Rhinoplasty include:
- Complications due to the initial nose job include difficulty breathing, sleeping and exercising problems, and more. These can be corrected through revision rhinoplasty.
- To correct overall facial aesthetics. A corrected nose might not suit the rest of the facial features. Revision rhinoplasty can be done in such cases to correct the nasal structure.
- A new injury or trauma to the nose.
- Unsatisfactory results. People who are not satisfied with their nose appearance after the Rhinoplasty can opt for a revision of the procedure with more clarity of what they want.
8. How much does Rhinoplasty cost in India?
Rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult surgeries that are performed on the face. It requires the handling of very delicate structures which, if harmed, can cause serious complications. Therefore, the cost of Rhinoplasty is generally a little more than the rest of facial surgeries.
The cost of Rhinoplasty in India depends on many factors like:
- The city you are getting your Rhinoplasty done.
- The clinic or hospital you choose for the procedure.
- The kind of equipment that is present in the clinic or the hospital.
- Skill and expertise of the surgeon performing the procedure.
- The exact procedure of the Rhinoplasty.
- Whether any additional surgeries like augmentation, deviation correction, and more are being added to the surgery.
Having said all this, the average cost of Rhinoplasty can range anywhere between INR 40,000 and INR 1,50,000 in India.
9. Why do people prefer Nose jobs in India?
India is one of the most popular countries to get a rhinoplasty. Several factors make India the best country in the world for a nose job.
India has the most skilled and qualified surgeons in the world. The doctors perform all the steps of Rhinoplasty with great care and precision that ensures you get the desired results.
Best hospitality and infrastructure
The hospitals in India have one of the best infrastructures globally and use state-of-the-art facilities that help the doctors perform Rhinoplasty with great precision.
The best part about getting the surgery done from India is that you not only get the best medical facilities in the world, but you also get them at the most affordable costs.
Ease in Medical Visa
It is relatively easy to get a medical visa for Rhinoplasty Treatment in India. Medinirvana will help you get the medical visa and all the other necessary documents with ease, so you do not have to worry about all these formalities.
Safety in covid situation
We take all the necessary precautions and follow all COVID-related protocols strictly to safeguard you and your family members from the COVID virus.
Under doctor-patient confidentiality, none of your personal information or medical history can be shared with anybody else.
No Language barrier
All the doctors and their teams are well versed in written and spoken English and thus will allow the patient free communication with the doctor. Good communication is essential for a rhinoplasty to get the desired results.
We hope that this rhinoplasty quiz helped you reach a clear decision regarding a nose job. If you are still unsure, feel free to contact our specialists, who will help you reach a decision and help you understand your expectations better.
We, at Medinirvana, help you with all the technicalities and formalities of the whole procedure so that you can stay focused on the surgery and its recovery.