There are certain features of our face or body that makes us feel insecure and are often impossible to hide. Advancement in the cosmetic surgery can now successfully correct your flaws and boost your confidence. The nose is one of the prominent features of our face and has a powerful effect on our overall appearance. Rhinoplasty surgery or ‘Nose surgery’ can be performed by reshaping the nose for mainly cosmetic reasons and is one of the most commonly performed plastic surgery. It is also the most intricate procedure performed to improve breathing problems.
Countries like the US, Germany, Canada, the UK, and many other countries offer rhinoplasty and other cosmetic surgeries. India is one of the leading countries of medical tourism due to the availability of board-certified, skilled cosmetic surgeons, and the low cost of procedures.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- Who needs Rhinoplasty?
- Ultimate Checklist while Planning Rhinoplasty in India
- What to expect during Rhinoplasty in India?
- Cost of Rhinoplasty Treatment in India
- Why is India the best country for treating Rhinoplasty Treatment?
1. Who needs Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is either performed for aesthetic reasons or for solving breathing problems. Today, the majority of surgeries are done for aesthetic purposes as appearance is playing a bigger role in the confidence of individuals. However, people suffering from the following condition also require rhinoplasty:
- Breathing issues
- Irregular nose share affecting facial symmetry and look
- Collapsed nasal valve or severely deviated nasal septums causing snoring problems
- Injured nose due to trauma
- Defected nose by birth or caused by injury to the nasal framework and interfering with breathing
- Problem of age-related nasal obstruction
You may choose to increase or reduce the size/shape of the nose including nostrils, bridge, or tip, or correct birth defects for giving it better proportions or definition
Cosmetic reasons for having rhinoplasty are mainly to restore facial symmetry and to correct birth defects. Growing awareness about facial aesthetics and physical grooming are two main reasons behind the increased demand for rhinoplasty
2. Ultimate Checklist while Planning Rhinoplasty treatment in India
You must first choose the right surgeon to perform the procedure. The best cosmetic surgeon in India will discuss the procedure as per your concerns, answer your queries, and explain the risk factors associated with surgery, anesthesia as per your health. Your surgeon will determine if you require a minor treatment or surgical option that is more suitable for you.
Carry all the important documents with you including your latest test reports, scans, hospital letter or referral from your physician, etc.
Ask your surgeon and hospital staff in India about the duration of stay required and expected in your case. Plan your trip accordingly and
Avoid taking blood-thinning medications such as ibuprofen and aspirin for 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
3. What to expect during Rhinoplasty in India?
- Pre-treatment Care
During your consultation, discuss your concerns, and what you expect from the surgery.
Your surgeon will run a few tests to determine the procedure required and decide whether you are a good candidate for the procedure. This will include a physical examination of your nose and X-ray scans too. Blood tests will also be required to ensure you are fit for surgery. The choice of technique for rhinoplasty depends on your expectations from the surgery and the extent of your surgery that needs to be done.
Your surgeon will ask you to avoid certain blood-thinning medications and also avoid smoking, alcohol consumption for two weeks before surgery. This is because nicotine can interfere with the healing process and increase the complications.
- Post-treatment care
You will be staying in the hospital overnight, and the next day, you will be discharged with pain medication and antibiotics.
Post-surgery, you will have a metal splint placed on your nose. This is required to help your nose retain its new shape during the healing process. If your nasal septum is corrected, the splint is placed inside the nose to stabilize the septum. Care must be taken not to wet the splints.
The recovery period is short and you can perform most activities within a week’s time. Pain and any discomfort can be easily managed with prescribed medications. Some amount of soreness or swelling is experienced for around 2 weeks post-surgery. There are a few factors affecting the recovery:
- The extent of the surgery required
- Type of procedure
- Patient’s general health
Doctor and nurse will give you few instructions for speedy recovery including:
- Keep your head in an elevated position during resting, this will prevent swelling. You can use a few extra pillows while resting.
- The stitches will dissolve by themselves and your surgeon will monitor the healing during the next follow-up sessions.
- Avoid sports or strenuous activity after nose surgery.
- Take a good rest and follow the medication course for successful recovery and outcome.
Whether your needs are aesthetic or functional, you will get the best personalized treatment and desired results in India. Highly qualified and experienced surgeons will provide specialized care with cutting-edge technology facilitating natural results.
4. Cost of Rhinoplasty Treatment in India
The overall cost of rhinoplasty in India depends upon:
- Choice of clinic or hospital: Location, reputation, etc.
- Fees of surgeon including cost of surgery, pre, and post-treatment care
- Hospital charges
- Fees of anesthetist
- Facilities required
- Follow up consultations
The average cost of the entire treatment varies between 40,000 rupees to 2 lakh rupees. The cost of food, accommodation, transport varies from one city to another and it is higher in metro cities like Delhi, Mumbai, and Kolkata, etc. Also, the cost is higher in premium hospitals due to additional amenities, superior services, and luxurious stay provided.
Most insurance policies do not cover the cost of the procedure if it is done only for aesthetic purposes. However, if there are functional issues, insurance may pay a portion of the cost.
5. Why is India the best country for treating Rhinoplasty Treatment?
India is one of the world’s most preferred destinations for rhinoplasty surgeries for the following reasons:
- Expert surgeons with vast experience: certified plastic and reconstructive surgeons are best suited to perform surgery on a patient to achieve his/her goal.
- Top class and world-renowned hospitals: With excellent infrastructure and state of art facilities offering all the facilities under one roof.
- Finest medical facilities: The hospitals in India are nationally and internationally accredited and offer excellent, luxurious services to all patients.
- No language bar: The hospital staff is well versed in English and translator service is available for non-English speaking patients.
- Safe and effective service: The Clinics operate in accordance with international standards.
- Cost-effective: Affordable price point is one of the attractive features as the cost of treatment in India is lower than that of the best surgeons in the other developing countries. The accommodation, air flight fair, food, transport, and other charges are very low, and the patient does not need to worry about non-medical expenses.
- Relaxing trip and opportunity for excellent recreation: Most hospitals offer services where one can relax and recover one’s strength. The country has highly renowned recovery facilities and spas. Most hospitals also have spa and wellness centres offering a comfortable and supportive environment for patients to recover after a procedure.
- Minimum waiting period: the waiting period in India is less. The hospitals are flexible and supportive to adjust their schedule to see a foreign patient.
- Excellent services: The standard of care in India is also quite high. The hospital staff is known for their warm and welcoming nature, they will constantly assist you till recovery.
- Ease in Medical Visa: the process for applying for a medical visa is simple and hassle-free.
- Safety in COVID situation: the government, hospitals are taking special care during the current pandemic situation.
Rhinoplasty surgery is technically one of the most difficult cosmetic procedures that require artistry and excellent knowledge of surgery. Thus, it’s essential you choose a qualified facial plastic surgeon having a higher level of expertise and qualification to achieve your desired results.
Many clinics in India have specialists and plastic surgeons whose specialty is performing rhinoplasty surgery to achieve natural, proportionate results as well as solve the breathing problems. These renowned surgeons combine their surgical technique with artistry to give you flawless results. Moreover, the treatment is available at an affordable cost than in most countries.