Heart disease has become very common worldwide – not only targeting the elderly but the kids as well. It is a very challenging situation which needs immediate diagnosis and necessary treatment and lacking those might risk lives. The prevalence of the pediatric cardiovascular disease is incessantly increasing all across the world. It requires optimal care and adequate medical attention, which is provided in many European, American and Asian countries. Currently, India is home to erudite pediatric cardiologists, who deliver comprehensive medical care to many affected children from nationwide and worldwide. Navigate these benefits with healthcare platforms and avail quality treatment from the best cardiac surgeons at a minimal cost.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- Who needs Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery?
- Why Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery in India is the Best Decision ?
- What to expect while considering Pediatric Cardiothoracic surgery in India?
- How to prepare your child for Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery?
- Cost of Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery in India?
1. Who needs Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery?
Pediatric cardiac or cardiothoracic surgery is performed on children (and at times, on newborn babies) with the idea to repair any cardiac defect and make their heart function properly so that they can continue a longer life. Congenital heart diseases are those that exist right from their birth – children born with such defects may or may not require treatment depending on the risk of life. CHDs are generally detected at the time of birth, and the cardiologists identify after certain diagnosis whether the baby needs treatment urgently or not.
2. Why Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery in India is the Best Decision?
There are over 47 least-developed countries in the world and treating children for cardiovascular diseases is a costly affair, which the majority of people are unable to take. In such cases, Indian healthcare facilities are a silver lining for millions of financially weaker communities. India is leaping forward in terms of technology, medics, surgeons, and advanced facilities. And all these benefits are generous on the budget; as such, it is the best option laid forward.
- Best hospitality put forward – From healthy food to hygienic maintenance, cardiac hospitals in India take pride in offering convenience to the patients. They adopt the best practices to take the best care of the patient and are readily available 24*7 so that there is never any delay in entertaining the needs of the patients.
- Accessible medical care – India’s healthcare providers deliver the best medical care to the patients through a network of highly trained doctors, nurses, paramedics, etc. India attracts patients from all around the globe because there are numerous indigenous pediatric cardiac surgeons, who have successfully treated many children.
- Post care includes follow-up care, physical assessment, therapeutic help, etc.
- The child-friendly environment is suitable for teenage children and newborn babies. The experienced pediatric surgeons can understand the root cause of the cardiac defect in infants and provide the best treatment/consultation for the child’s wellbeing.
Easy to avail diagnosis services like blood tests, X-rays, ECG or EKG (electrocardiogram), complete body examination, and many more.
3. What to expect while considering Pediatric Cardiothoracic surgery in India?
While you are visiting India for cardiothoracic surgery of your child, below are the list of things that can be availed easily during the stay.
- Taking into consideration the importance of Indian healthcare in treating cardiac patients (both children and adults), the Indian government levied minimal charges on medical visas. Without any hesitation, you can get your onboarding form filled up and come to India for improving the health of your child.
- The language barrier isn’t an issue in India. We provide you with a translator who instructs you on everything that you need to know.
- Recovery rate depends on the type of the surgery performed – if it is a minor surgery, your child can be discharged within 3-4 weeks. But when the surgery is extensive, it might take upto 6-8 weeks for complete recovery.
- You will not face any difficulty, since health expert teams in India assist you on every single step – from pre to post-surgery requirements. There are regular follow-ups every day and intensive care provided for every child. Proper diagnosis, medication, dressing the incision, etc. are provided by the hospital management.
4. How to prepare your child for Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery?
Pediatric hospitals in India are very cooperative and provide a familiar environment to the children so that they don’t panic at any stage. The hospital management team (and at times the concerned surgeon) speaks with the child and asks the parents to bring the toys/objects that the child likes. In some hospitals, the hospital management team gives them stuffed toys or chocolates so that the children can easily cope with a friendly surrounding.
Preparing Kids for Surgery → the Checklist
- It’s not only about preparing your child for the surgery, but you also have to be more prepared and cautious during the entire process.
- While traveling with your child for surgery, ensure that their medical documents, visa, and other legal documents are kept so that you don’t face any difficulty.
- Talk to your kid and help them gain more mental & emotional strength.
- Let your child know about the surgery process and that it is going to be fine soon – so that they don’t panic at the time of surgery.
- Spend maximum time with your child for which you need to finish any paperwork beforehand.
- If your child is an infant or a toddler, then you need to be beside them every time pre and post-surgery.
- Try to be more comforting – but also remember that cuddling your child might be painful as they have incisions.
5. Cost of Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery in India?
Pediatric hospitals in India are known for their excellent treatment and affordable services. If you are considering India for pediatric cardiothoracic treatment, then here are the facts about the cost you should know.
- Advanced Technology Assistance – Some of the best pediatric cardiac hospitals in India implement modern robotic devices for minimally invasive surgeries that are changing the surgical landscape – reduced scars, less incision, and pain in children.
- India is one of the leading healthcare service providers – one reason is that there are renowned surgeons and medical experts with more than 30-40 years of experience.
- Factors Affecting Treatment Cost – Additional pre-surgical necessities required for bypass grafting, CPB machine use for proper heart/lung functioning during surgery, or managing postoperative complications can slightly increase the total cost.
In India, you will get a dedicated team of experts, who ensure that your child receives the right treatment for the diagnosed cardiac defect. Whether you are a foreigner or native, Indian healthcare provides complete diagnosis, medication & treatment, intensive care, and many others that can be easily accessed by anyone. From affordable medical care to advanced medical technologies – you can get everything in India.
The Indian government is also taking initiatives to improve medical facilities to offer the best cardiac care to all the patients. And most of all, treating every patient (native and foreign) alike and helping them live a normal lifestyle.